Monday, March 16, 2009

Internet Shopping Bananza

I have always been rather hesitant to purchase stuff online. Even more so with the current state of the economy and the poor stance of the Canadian dollar. Despite this I decided to splurged this weekend. Bellow you fill find a breakdown of all the stuff I purchased.

Vivitar 285HV

Purchasing a second strobe has been on my agenda for quite some time. After much debate, I finally decided on the old school Vivitar
285HV. It may be old, big, and bulk, but it's built well and gets the job done. I purchased it from Adorama (I would of purchased it from b&h photo, but Adorama was a few dollars cheaper). After placing my order I realized that I would need an additional cord, in order to connect the Vivitar to a pocket wizard. Luckily I managed to contact Adorama and they were able to add the item to my previous order. I ordered the Vivitar on Saturday evening and it's already being sent out. Now that what I call a speedy order!


Remote Transceiver Caddy

I have been looked for safe, yet non destructive way to connect my pocket wizard to my flash. When I managed to stumble upon these remote transceiver caddys, I just had to have one.. er.. two rather. The Caddy basically attaches itself to the pocket wizard and then there is a bungy like cord that attaches around your flash. They are $15 a piece and FlashZebra.com has very reasonable shipping rates. I'm expecting to get these by the end of this week. At that time I will post additional info on them.




Translucent Earlove Ear Pluggs

Last but certainly not least, earlove ear plugs.
I have recently started to photography some local shows. I have found that my ears are still ringing several hours later. Odds are the fact that I find myself standing right in front of these larger speakers is not helping (DUH!).
That sends my grand total to approximately $300 Canadian.

OH BOY!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!
    I like the ear plugs.
    They look like that light up.
    Fun stuff bud.
    Good to see the equipment list growing!

    ReplyDelete