Sunday, March 22, 2009

El Mocambo


Saturday Evening Nexopia sent me to a local Show in Toronto, which they were promoting. They were kind enough to pay the door fee as well as the mandatory coat check, for myself and my two friends. They even threw in a free t-shirt for me as well.

The lighting was rather horrible at the venue. All of the lighting was constant and it had a disgusting yellow tinge to it. I was barely able to shoot a half decent shot of anyone other then the main singer due to the lighting as well. All of the bellow shots were taken with my 40D and my 70-200 2.8 IS lens.

I hope you like them!

(click on the image to view it better)








4 comments:

  1. Your concert photos are really amazing. I've been trying to photograph concerts lately too..its tough, but your shots are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot :)
    I'm still quite new to photographing concerts to be honest. I believe this was the third concert I have shot so far...

    A lot of getting a good photo is luck. If the venue has poor lighting odds are you won't get very many good shots. I would suggest investing in a 50mm 1.8 lens if you plan on shooting concerts in the future.

    Most of the time I end up shooting at ISO: 1600 or 3200 F2.8 and 1/200

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo's are well done, despite the poor lighting in the venue you were at! You are very talented at what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos dan, check out my blog, or my website www.eformit.com, im sure you can put the form generator to some use.

    ReplyDelete